6/9 and 6/10 Heading to Scotland

Murphy’s Law states, “Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way.” This was the case with me before departing for Scotland. Of all times to get sick, I was sick the weekend prior to leaving for this three-week journey. I did start to feel a bit better on the day of departure on June the 9th, but was still not feeling very well. This was a loooooooong two days that involved no sleep at all, and with being sick it was not very fun. However, this was a good opportunity to meet my travel partners for the next three weeks. I think we have a fun group, and we will have a good time.
Our flight was delayed of course. In fact, both flights from Atlanta to Newark and from Newark to Edinburgh were delayed. I could not sleep on the plane going to Edinburgh even though it was overnight and we were staying up all day the next day.
Arriving in Scotland was a great experience. I could tell as we were landing I was definitely not in America anymore. The architecture of the buildings and the vivid green colors of grass were unlike anything I had ever seen in person. All the pictures and video I have seen taken from Scotland in the past had definitely sprung to life before my eyes.
We headed from the airport to our dorm rooms at the University of Edinburgh shortly after arriving. Just being in Scotland immediately began to make me feel better. When I first got to my dorm room, the first thing that struck me was that the walls are painted pink. This will be kind of weird living in a pink room for three weeks being a guy and all, but I’m sure I will get used to it.
We walked around to some areas close to campus and got a bit more familiar with the area surrounding it. This was good because I saw a store where I could purchase various items (food and such) that I am sure will be beneficial down the road.
By the time we had our meeting I was running on fumes. I was totally zonked out during the meeting due to still feeling sick and lack of sleep, and the fact that we were sitting in there with the lights off made it even harder to stay awake. At the end of the meeting I couldn’t go any longer and went to pass out in my room.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s